Created on Thursday, 28 June 2012 19:04
Watershed Assessment Comments
The U.S. EPA is still taking written comments on its draft Bristol Bay Watershed Assessment. The deadline is July 23, so you have a few weeks left to review the assessment, gather your thoughts and submit your message.
Peer Review Panel
Also, the 12-member Peer Review panel will be meeting in Anchorage August 7-9 and some of their proceedings will be open to the public. Details for the location and times will be published by the EPA in early July.
- Tuesday, August 7, public may address the Peer Review panel
- Wednesday, August 8, public may view deliberations but may not participate
- Thursday, August 9, last Peer Review panel meeting, not open to public
- September - responses from Peer Review team will be posted on the EPA web site
Members of the panel include:
- Mr. David Atkins, Watershed Environmental, LLC.-Expertise in mining and hydrology.
- Mr. Steve Buckley, WHPacific/NANA Alaska-Expertise in mining and seismology.
- Dr. Courtney Carothers-Expertise in indigenous Alaskan cultures.
- Dr. Dennis Dauble, Washington State University-Expertise in fisheries biology and wildlife ecology.
- Dr. Gordon Reeves, USDA Pacific NW Research Station-Expertise in fisheries biology and aquatic biology.
- Dr. Charles Slaughter, University of Idaho-Expertise in hydrology.
- Dr. John Stednick, Colorado State University-Expertise in hydrology and biogeochemistry.
- Dr. Roy Stein, Ohio State University-Expertise in fisheries and aquatic biology.
- Dr. William Stubblefield, Oregon State University-Expertise in aquatic biology and ecotoxicology.
- Dr. Dirk van Zyl, University of British Columbia-Expertise in mining and biogeochemistry.
- Dr. Phyllis Weber Scannel-Expertise in aquatic ecology and ecotoxicology.
- Dr. Paul Whitney-Expertise in wildlife ecology and ecotoxicology.